Influencing Yourself and Others to Live the Life of Your Dreams
Do you suffer from negative self-talk or low self-esteem? Are you frustrated with others and would like to improve your relationships? In today’s episode, former illusionist Greg Dwyer shares with us the secrets to creating real magic in our lives and communication with others. Greg is a dynamic and mesmerizing keynote speaker, workshop leader and author of Use The Power of Your Mind, Former Illusionist Reveals Five Secrets For Your Success.
Greg was seen by over six million people in 1995 when he made his television debut on The Late Show with David Letterman. He is an ordained minister and continues as a church consultant and speaker. He holds an MDiv and a MA, and is the recipient of the Dale Carnegie Highest Award for Achievement.
The first step to creating the life of your dreams is awareness – how you’re communicating with yourself (and others). As Greg points out, you’ve been hypnotized, and it’s time to take yourself out of the trance. Become aware of your emotional state, your language, how it is impacting you, and pre-framing you for the life you already have. In today’s conversation, Greg provides a few tips on how to do that, along with further steps that will lead you to creating the life and relationships you desire.
- Most people are walking around with a thought in their head that, 9 times out of 10, is not true.
- Once you develop greater self-awareness, the next step is to reprogram yourself. Surround yourself with a different group of people who have what you desire, and then model them.
- Break the spell with gratitude. We have 45-65,000 thoughts every day. 90% of them are the same we had yesterday. People are either living in the past or in the future, rarely in the present.
- Create a daily ritual – state of gratitude. In the morning think of what you’re grateful for. At night write down 5 things you are grateful for. Look for them. Focus on what’s important to you. Gratitude sets you up for that.
- Television is called programming for a reason.
- Our behavior, what we do and what we say, is all based on what we believe – on a subconscious level. If you really want to know what you believe, look at your results.
- If you’re only thinking about yourself and how you’re going to pay your bills, you can never get to the point where you can transform others.
- Empathy is down because we’re so tied to our phones and technology that we don’t know how to truly connect with another person.
- The foundation for all communication is trust. You have to build trust with yourself and you have to build trust with another person.
Diamond Mind Podcast With Greg Dwyer (Every Sunday @ 5pm EST on BlogTalk Radio)
Connect With Greg Dwyer
Group trips www.gregdwyer.net
Did you Enjoy The Podcast?
If you like this episode let us know! Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are greatly appreciated. This helps us reach more entrepreneurs seeking to make a positive impact in the world. If you received value from this episode, it would mean so much if you could take a moment and leave your 5-star rating and review. You can do that by visiting here. Thank you! Together we can make a difference!