You don’t have to live with whatever life throws you—or whatever you’ve gotten yourself into. You can change your story! No matter how it looks right now, your life is a masterpiece waiting to be discovered.
This is the message of author, screenwriter, singer, and sought after speaker, Kirstin Leigh. Originally from a small town in Kentucky, Kirstin Leigh is a powerhouse of strength and compassion—one who has battled the demons (and the bottle) and won. In today’s interview Kirstin shares captivatingly honest accounts of her dreams, detours, tragedies, and triumphs; what it took to overcome, and why her breakout book Change Your Story is the story she never planned to tell.
If you have ever struggled with addictions, depression, or anxiety; if you are tired of wrestling with negative thoughts and being defined by your past; if you wonder why the same things keep happening to you and are ready for your breakthrough… you won’t want to miss today’s interview.
- More often than we’d like to believe, the addictions, the bad relationships and every other problem we have, are our insides screaming, “Deal with me!”
- Balancing (pretending to be fine), takes every bit of our energy and is the biggest distraction to our destiny.
- Dealing with our backstory is NOT the same as dwelling on it.
- Our feelings deserve to be heard and need to be understood—but sometimes we have to tell them to shut-up!
- Our bad decisions can make us wiser. Our rocky past can clear the path for a purpose filled life.
- When you’re stuck, ask God to reveal what’s standing in your way.
- You are not your pain, your problem, or your past.
- The worst part of our story can bring God glory—if we let it.
Kirstin Leigh Biography
As a writer, singer and speaker, Kirstin’s goal is for her messages, characters, songs, and stories to speak to a part of the soul that has been untouched or forgotten. She hopes that by sharing pieces of her journey, along with Biblical truths, insights and revelations, that people from all walks of life will be challenged, inspired, motivated, and equipped with the tools to “change their story” and to become everything God created them to be.
In addition to speaking at youth events, women’s conferences, rehab centers and churches, Kirstin Leigh has written over one hundred articles for national publications and churches such as The Daily Positive and One Church LA. Kirstin’s up and coming projects include a television series for teens that features her original music, a series of books for young readers, and a trilogy for middle graders.
Kirstin Leigh’s faith based self-empowerment book Change Your Story was released Easter weekend, and is endorsed by International Author, Speaker, and Life Advisor, Tim Storey; Touré Roberts, Author and Founder of One Church LA; Judy Radachy, Founder of Oasis of Hollywood; Rex Holt, Pastor of Mercy Chapel; and Actress and Author, Nancy Stafford.
Change Your Story is for every soul that is searching, every heart that has been broken, every dreamer who lost the fight… and every survivor who is ready to soar.
Connect with Kirstin Leigh
- Facebook: KirstinLeighWriter
- Twitter: KirstinLeighWriter
- Instagram: KirstinLeigh3
Did you Enjoy The Podcast?
If you like this episode let us know! Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are greatly appreciated. This helps us reach more entrepreneurs seeking to make a positive impact in the world. If you received value from this episode, it would mean so much if you could take a moment and leave your 5-star rating and review. You can do that by visiting here. Thank you! Together we can make a difference!