Jane Atkinson has been helping speakers catapult their businesses for over 25 years. As a former speaker’s agent, she has represented numerous speakers, celebrities, and best-selling authors.
Today, as a speaker coach, Jane works with some of the industry’s hottest stars. Many of Jane’s clients have vaulted to the top 3% of the field, building healthy 7-figure speaking businesses. Her clients are the who’s who…. Executive VP’s of Fortune 100 companies, Editors-in-Chief of Top Magazines, Bestselling Authors, Adventurers, Ivy League Professors and regular everyday people who have a strong message.
Jane’s book entitled “The Wealthy Speaker 2.0” has been touted “the bible” of the speaking business. In our conversation with Jane, we explore the fundamentals to building a 7-figure speaking business; how she discovered the industry and what she has learned from working with top speakers. We also discuss pricing – how to determine your rates and when to increase them, and we finish up with Jane explaining her 3 step process for getting started if you’re new to the industry.
Whether you’re considering a career as a speaker, or are established and ready to take your speaking business to 7-figures, this episode is for
1) Focus on a longevity message vs a hot idea that may not last.
2) A lot of highly qualified speakers are entering the market – you need to be sharper and take your speaking business very seriously. That means hustle!
3) In order to rise above, learn the business yourself. Don’t expect someone else to figure it out for you.
4) The most successful speakers continue to be students of the industry, always learning how to do it better.
5) You can get paid speaking gigs through social media. The key is to deliver strong, solid content on a consistent basis. Get your content in front of decision makers who will follow you and book you when the time is right.
6) You need to be solving a problem in a completely unique way. Clarity leads to confidence in the speaking world. The clearer you are on the outcomes of your work, the more confidence you will have in your fees.
7) The first step is getting crystal clear on your language and your promise statement.
Wealthy Speaker Daily Success Planner & Journal – companion to the Wealthy Speaker 2.0 book
Connect With Jane Atkinson